Advancements in information and communications technologies are changing the ways in organizations operate and in which citizens conduct their lives. Taking advantage of such advances will assist organizations in remaining both relevant and competitive in the global marketplace. However, as electronic transactions, exchanges and information sharing increase, organizations must take steps to protect personal information and to ensure that privacy is maintained. The challenge of formulating a privacy approach that will result in due care in the area of personal information collection, use, disclosure and protection must be met. PDR Global Inc. has the understanding and experience to identify and implement approaches that result in safeguards that will assist in managing the risk in the area of personal information protection.
Management consulting assistance is available from PDR Global Inc. in the following key areas:
- Understanding the legal or best practice privacy requirements that apply to organizations in their areas of program delivery and protection of personal information;
- Working with clients to identify methodologies or workable approaches in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs);
- Developing recommendations, based on PIAs, for management on safeguards to minimize privacy risks to an organization;
- Providing assistance that will enable organizations to link model privacy codes to the implemented safeguards in support of audits; and
- Development of education and awareness sessions to apprise employees on their privacy obligations at the organizational or program level.